Developer forum

Forum » Development » Error installing NuGet packages for Dynamicweb.DataIntegration 2.2.6

Error installing NuGet packages for Dynamicweb.DataIntegration 2.2.6

Jon Thorne
Jon Thorne

When I try and install the NuGet pakages for Dynamicweb.DataIntegration (Latest stable relealease 2.2.6) I get the follwoing error:

Circular dependency detected 'Dynamicweb 9.1.2 => Dynamicweb.Security 1.0.6 => Dynamicweb.Indexing 3.8.3 => Dynamicweb.Security 1.0.6'

This error occurs on VS 2019 (.NET v4.7.2) and VS 2017 (.NET 4.6.1) on a new project.

If I install the previous version 2.2.5 it works without an issue. Is there something else that needs to be updates first?

Replies

Morten Bengtson Dynamicweb Employee
Morten Bengtson
This post has been marked as an answer

Hi Jon,

We have had some circular dependencies in the past and it seems that they are still causing some trouble here.
Apparently NuGet is not clever enough to figure out that Dynamicweb.Indexing 3.8.3 has a dependency on Dynamicweb.Security 8.1.0 which has no dependency on Dynamicweb.Indexing.

I assume that you are creating a library project which will only contain custom code related to data integration.

Here are some options...

A) Install Dynamicweb.DataIntegration 2.2.6 and select "Ignore dependencies" as dependency behavior under install and update options. Do the same for other dependencies you need, like Dynamicweb.Extensibility.

or

B) Install Dynamicweb.Security 8.1.0 (or later) first and then install Dynamicweb.DataIntegration 2.2.6.

If you are creating a complete web application then you can just install a recent version of Dynamicweb.Admin and everything should work without any issues.

Best regards,
Morten

Votes for this answer: 1

Jon Thorne
Jon Thorne

Hi Morten,

Thanks, I worked it out that I could install this without an issue after installing "Dynamicweb" or "Dynamicweb.Admin" first with the "Include prerelease" checked.

Regards,

Jon.

You must be logged in to post in the forum