Developer forum

Forum » Development » Cannot Register external authentication provider

Cannot Register external authentication provider

Tom Nielsen

Hello.

After upgrading from DW 9.7.5 to 9.8.6, we are no longer able to register our external authentication provider.
We are using the method RegisterProvider, exposed in the class ExternalLoginProvider, which is available in DW 9.7.5.

How do we register an external authentication provider, in 9.8.6?

Best regards

Tom Arnfeldt Nielsen

Replies

Martin Vang
Martin Vang

Hi Tom,

Sorry about the change. We had to do a major change to the ExternalLoginProvider, so now you have to do something quite ... secret. If you replace your call to RegisterProvider with a call of the same type to RegisterBuilder (which is in the security package used by dw 9.8.x), things should work again. Let me know if this helps.

BR

Martin

Tom Nielsen

Thanks Martin.

I have changed the call to RegristerBuilder, but it does not appear to exist in the ExternalLoginProvider, that my provider implements.

I am currently implementing Dynamicweb.Security.UserManagement.ExternalAuthentication.ExternalLoginProvider.  What should I implement instead?

Best regards

Tom Arnfeldt Nielsen

Martin Vang
Martin Vang

Hi Tom,

Hm, yea I see now that this was also moved ... You can change your inheritance to use Dynamicweb.Content.Social.Adapters.ExternalAuthentication.LoginProvider, which is part of our external authentication. This class contains the RegisterProvider that you're used to.

Sorry about the confusion - and let me know if you get things up and running.

BR

Martin

You must be logged in to post in the forum