Developer forum

Forum » Development » Avoiding redirects in rewritemaps.config

Avoiding redirects in rewritemaps.config

Tomas Gomez
Hi,

We have a lot of unwanted recyclings of the ApplicationPool. According support, a bunch of redirects that we have in the "rewritemaps.config" file may eventually cause the recyclings.

The meaning of the redirectes is that the "GroupsPage" has to be displayed in two ways:
- As a landing page, displaying group info and subgroups. This is configured in the Group properties as "/my group"
- As a product list, displaying a list of the products contained in the group. This is configured by adding the paramter "List=Tue" to the URL link of the group page

By SEO requirement, both displays must have a friendly  URL, so we create a redirect for each group in the "rewritemaps.config" file, looking like:
<add key="/mygroup-listado" value="/?ID=2464&amp;GroupID=GROUP311&amp;List=True" />
Therefore, we create a bunch of redirects that may cause numerous ApplicationPool recyclings.

Could anybody suggest another way to do this double-displaying without using redirects?

Regards,
Tomas

Replies

Nicolai Pedersen

It is 2 different pages with different content, so why not make it 2 pages in DW and then that will solve the problem...

Tomas Gomez

Hi Nicolai,

Ok to create 2 pages to simplify the URLs, but that will not solve the issue. Still, there would be two links for each group, one to the landing page an one to the list page.

In the Group configuration, we can set the URL to point to the landing page (e.g. "/mygroup"), but still we need another place to set the list page of the group to point to "\mygroup-list".

Where/how can we set this other link for each group?  The problem is that we have around a hundred groups and it may cause problems using the rewritemaps.config.

Regards,
Tomas

Nicolai Pedersen

Hi Tomas

I am not sure I fully understand what you are trying to do or why. Can you provide a link to the site so we can see what is going on?

BR Nicolai

Tomas Gomez

Hi Nicolai,

Thanks for your help. I send you the link privately.

Regards,
Tomas

You must be logged in to post in the forum