Developer forum

Forum » Development » Abandon cart Email data not generating correctly

Abandon cart Email data not generating correctly

Shiwanka Chathuranga Dynamicweb Employee
Shiwanka Chathuranga

We have implimented Abandon Cart Email template according to the instructions

but body data of the email is not correct.

Example . -:

The three users with different carts logged in to the site in different time.

94.tester1 > first logged in to the site. 

94.tester2 > second logged in to the site.

dwtester94 > third logged in to the site.

Cart of the user: 94.tester1 > https://www.loom.com/share/5804a62b971b4cc7bb83816907a6ef3c

Cart of the user: 94.tester2 > https://www.loom.com/share/9518b3a53f8546409e78f1602425086a

and all these three users still remain logged in and 5 mins later, after clicking ‘Send Now’ button in ‘Abandon Cart Email setting', Two users who logged in first and second received the email with the last logged in user’s user name and cart which is added by the last logged in user: DW Tester94. But the last logged user did not received received the email.

Please refer to the attached images:

image-20190408-112706.png

Replies

Nicolai Pedersen

Hi Shiwanka 

I've send this to QA for verification

BR Nicolai

Oleg Rodionov Dynamicweb Employee
Oleg Rodionov

HI,

I've checked the scenario on solution under last DW96 set up per the manual and cannot reproduce it - mail regarding abandoned cart is sent and has appropriate data for specific user who has created it. Please, find attached screens below. Each of the user was logged in frontend and have the cart using separate browser. Please, ensure you use last DW admin first of all.

BR, Oleg QA

2019-04-24_1148.png 2019-04-24_1149.png 2019-04-24_1150.png 2019-04-24_1151.png

Shiwanka Chathuranga

Thanks Oleg for quick reply

we are using 9.5.3 and hope their is no bug fixes on the 9.5.3 to 9.6.6 regarding this process

can you do me a favour, can you send me your email template code to verify with our code. we just tried with dw sample in documentation... but better to check with your sample

Thanks

Shiwanka

Oleg Rodionov
This post has been marked as an answer

Hi,

Yup, your admin can be cause of the issue in fact since it is very old against last one and many fixes were done for the time. Please, find the attachment. Actually, it is mainly copy-paste of the manual's example.  

BR, Oleg QA  

Votes for this answer: 1

Shiwanka Chathuranga

Thanks Oleg

i will update you on this

Aye Nyein Myat Dynamicweb Employee
Aye Nyein Myat

Hi Oleg, 

When we checked abandon cart email on ver 9.6.8, we got the emails with no product information in the email content. Please refer to the attached image. 

Can you please check and advise?

Abandon_cart_screenshot.png

Oleg Rodionov

Hi,

I've checked the last issue on test environment based on last DW9.6.9 and uses Rapido 3.1 templateset and was not able to reproduce it. Pease, find attached proof (mail and 'Content order renderer module' paragraph settngs) and ensure you follow the manual explanations.

BR, Oleg QA

2019-06-07_1340.png 2019-06-07_1342.png

You must be logged in to post in the forum