Developer forum

Forum » CMS - Standard features » Working with items

Working with items

Mikkel Høst

Hi Guys.

When our customers gets alot of items in the backend it becomes hard for them to work and mange them. An example

We have a page - lets call it "list". List can have paragraph items on it and this works great. But when we get 100 of these items the customer want to either sort the item's or search for item Id's. So they quickly can find the item in question.

The search (text string) can't find the specific item, only the page where the paragraph item is and i see no possible way to sort the items either.

Anybody know of any tricks or tips to make this more user firendly?

I tryed to create the items as pages instead. Then you can search for them and find them - but this gives us a page with a lot of subpage items in the content tree and again we can't sort them in anyway i know of.

Any ideas?

Replies

Nicolai Høeg Pedersen

Best option for now is to use named item lists on pages for now - they have paging, sorting etc.

We are considering being able to create a folder in the tree where you get a list of (page based) items - they will not display in the tree in the backend, but will be there. How do you see a solution like that?

Mikkel Høst

I tryed it out and that is better for sure because of the sort option. But a search would be great.

I like the solution. Features i think this should have 

1. Select fields you want to see in the list (like in eCommerce)

2. Sorting on these fields.

3. Search in the items. 

And a easy way to render them out in the item render - but i guess this would work out of the box.

Nicolai Høeg Pedersen

Hi Mikkel

Agreed - great input. It will arrive!

Thanks, Nicolai

You must be logged in to post in the forum