Developer forum

Forum » CMS - Standard features » Visits from suspecious sites

Visits from suspecious sites

Iben Louise Birkkjær Christensen

Hi

Recently I have experienced a lot of traffic from suspecious russian websites to my company site www.teapot-graphics.dk

Does anyone have any idea as to why this is happening? It is rather annoying as it is scewing my statistics. Can I do anything to stop it or can i filter the refereres out of my statistics in any way?

/Iben Louise

Replies

Morten Bengtson
This post has been marked as an answer

Hi Iben Louise,

You cannot rely on the countries/flags you see next to your visitors in Dynamicweb statistics. These are based on a local register of IP-addresses that most likely is not up to date (IP-adresses change owners frequently). I experienced something similar last year, with  lot of romanians that was visiting a danish site. It turned out that the IP-range belonged to a university in Denmark.

In Dynamicweb statistics you should be able to click on a green icon next to an IP address, which will take you to an external site with details. On that site you can often see detailed current information about an IP-address. However, for more reliable statistics, I recommend that you use Google Analytics.

If you want to you can filter out the IP-adresses under settings in Dynamicweb statistics. This is described in the manual here: http://manual.net.dynamicweb.dk/Default.aspx?ID=7072 - Just be aware that the IP-address might belong to a russian person today, but danish person tomorrow ;)

If you believe that the site is being "attacked" you should probably contact Dynamicweb support and have them take a look at it. The visitors can be blocked from the server if needed.

/Morten

Votes for this answer: 1

Iben Louise Birkkjær Christensen

Hi Morten

Thank you for your answer.

The sites turn up when I look at the refereres to my site. A LOT of russian webadresses turn up - and they look like, they might contain 'adult content'.

I will try to contact the Dynamicweb Support to see if they can help.

/Iben Louise

You must be logged in to post in the forum