Developer forum

Forum » CMS - Standard features » Using ItemPublisher across multiple language layers

Using ItemPublisher across multiple language layers

Adrian Ursu Dynamicweb Employee
Adrian Ursu

Hi guys,

I have a situation with a solution running on 8.9.2.20.

The solution has multiple language layers and I have noticed that attaching an ItemPublisher module on the master paragraph does not attach the Itempublisher to the other language layers.

The ProductCatalog module and CartV2 module seem to work fine.

Is there any setting I need to make to allow an automated creation of the ItemPublisher paragraph in every language layer?

Thank you,

Adrian

Replies

Nicolai Pedersen

Hi Adrian

I think it depends on your settings - it takes items from context and obey rules and language context etc...

Sorry about the inconvenience

Adrian Ursu

Hi Nicolai,

I believe my explanations was incomplete. The problem I have is not what it returns, it's attaching the module to the language child paragraphs.

I did not get that far as to review what's returned :)

Adrian

Adrian Ursu

Hi Nicolai,

Any advice on the above?

Thank you,

Adrian

Nicolai Pedersen

Nope.

Adrian Ursu

Hi Nicolai,

Any intention on adding an inheritance of the Apps attached to a paragraph to child language layers?

Maybe extending the Language management with another checkbox?

If there is already a way to set this inheritance, I have clearly missed it.

Thank you,

Adrian

Adrian Ursu

Just to be clear with my request, my expectation is to add a paragraph to the master layer, add an app to it and the localized version of that paragraph in child language layers would have the app attached and inherit the same settings from the app on the master paragraph.

Does it make sense?

Thank you,
Adrian

Anett Nissen
Anett Nissen

I have the exact same issue as Adrian describes on DW 9.8.9

App settings are not inherited. Is there any change or setting that has been developed to localize App settings when used on Paragraph Items since this was posted in 2018?

Help would be much appreciated!

Kind regards Anett

You must be logged in to post in the forum