Developer forum

Forum » CMS - Standard features » usermanagement and custom fields on group and users

usermanagement and custom fields on group and users

Peter Klünder

Hi

Been looking at customfields on groups and users, but cant seem to find the solution.

GROUP = Custom field 1, 2 and 3 is a dropdown with the some value selected ie. house, window and plant.

USER = added to that group have the same customfields present, and the values from the group is autoupdated with the groups custom selections.

Is this possible through ordinary DW backend?

BR
Peter

Replies

Nicolai Pedersen

That is not possible. Also it does not sound like users, but more like products? And products can inherit values from their group...

Peter Klünder

Hi Nicolai

Ohh not products.

Groupnames could be

• Football
    • customvalue = age 15
  • handball
    • customvalue = age 15
  • Swimming
    • customvalue = age 14

and so on, and the users in those  groups inherit the custom value from the groups custom fields.

Its then possible to make a custom search on users with those values selected ie. select all users with "age 15"

This without setting it on all the users but only doing it once on the group.

Br
Peter

Nicolai Pedersen

I see no easy way except running something on the database that updates the users on their parent group value.

One problem is that a user can be member of several groups giving them severeal customvalues.

Peter Klünder

Thats true with multiple groups for one user, i'll see if I can figure something out with the subscribtion setup.

Br
Peter

You must be logged in to post in the forum