Developer forum

Forum » CMS - Standard features » URL did not resolve correctly and has gone into a loop

URL did not resolve correctly and has gone into a loop

Adrian Ursu Dynamicweb Employee
Adrian Ursu

Hi guys,

I have a recurring issue on one of our projects running on DW 9.9.8.

The problem seems to be related to some URLs not being evaluated properly.

We could reproduce this issue by creating a Blog article then deleting it. But in the case below, it does not seem to be connected to Blog pages. It looks like a ProductGroup page.

Just to take it out of the way, we don't have any Redirects defined.

The detailed error can be seen below.

Thank you,
Adrian

Replies

Nicolai Pedersen

Hi Adrian

Yeah - we have had some problems chasing this one down. We have made some changes in later 9.10 versions though that we believe fixed this.

It is related to changing your non friendly urls in templates to friendly versions.

I do notice that you have an additional & in your URL - i.e. &&groupid

Can you locate the place in the template where the URL for the group is constructed?

<a href="Default.aspx?ID=123&GroupID=123"> should be in your template - and that is constructed of some tags etc. I would like to see the template code that does that - might help me understand what it can be.

Thanks, Nicolai

Jose Caudevilla

Hi,

I have the same problem as Adrian. Most of errors are from product listing. I´m using DW 9.9.6 version. 

For the moment i can´t update the DW server version.

Is the any other solution other than updating DW ?

Regards,

Jose.

Adrian Ursu

Hi Jose,

I could not find any solution to this issue and it seems to have spread across multiple solutions running +9.9.6

I am also in a position where I cannot upgrade the solutions just yet.

It would be good to have a solution from DW although I am unable to create a scenario that would trigger the error. Apparently, it is happening randomly.

Adrian

Nicolai Pedersen

The solution is to upgrade. I cannot miracously move the code change to the version you have installed.

I think the problem comes from a malformed URL in your template - or a non-existant ID.

Adrian Ursu

Hi Nicolai,

I agree. We should upgrade. In my case, this is not something I can do easily just yet.

I have searched for the malformed URL in the entire solution but I could not find it (does not mean it does not exist).

The behavior (in our case) seems to be triggered by a deletion of a page. It is not happening every time someone deletes a page. I have noticed though, that it happened more often when the page deleted is a Blog article (or News article). Might not be relevant since these are the only pages being constantly added or deleted.

Anyway, we'll have to live with it until we'll be able to upgrade.

Thank you,

Adrian

Imar Spaanjaars Dynamicweb Employee
Imar Spaanjaars

I just had the same issue on a site:

The URL looks like this:

Page 1276 exists and is the homepage in area 3, so it looks like it should resolve correctly.

What's interesting is that after I recycled the application pool to fix this error I got other errors:

This was caused by having duplicate records for the same product/group combo in EcomGroupProductRelations. We're still investigating how they got in there. Deleting the dups made the error go away and the site started up again.

Just sharing this here in case the issue with the infinite loop was caused by having a bad URL index under the covers.

Running on DW 9.13.11

Imar

Adrian Ursu

Hi guys, 

Has anybody found a solution to this issue (apart from upgrading)?

I have a solution running on 9.13.8 and since 2 months ago it started to display this error from time to time. Now we get it a couple of times a day.

I have checked my URL's and it does not seems to be anything wrong with it.

I remember Nicolai suggested a way to check the links cache or reset the links cache but I don;t seem to find it.

We are preparing an upgrade but it's still a matter of days. Any solution in the meantime would be very helpful.

Thank you,
Adrian

Nicolai Pedersen Dynamicweb Employee
Nicolai Pedersen

Hi Adrian

We found out that this issue arises from urls in i.e. the text editor pointing to ressources that once was, but is no longer. Or that you have some duplicates in the relation tree.

Adrian Ursu

Hi Nicolai,

I have checked the EcomGroupProductRelations and EconShopGroupRelations and there are no duplicates.

If I understand correctly, I have to check all fields of type TextEditor from all ItemTypes and check all links?

Should I also check links stored in Link or Text fields?

Would these links be found in 404 log somewhere?

Is the issue fixed in newer DW versions?

Thank you,

Adrian

Nicolai Pedersen Dynamicweb Employee
Nicolai Pedersen

The problem is fixed in later releases.

You must be logged in to post in the forum