Developer forum

Forum » CMS - Standard features » Uploading files in Firefox

Uploading files in Firefox

Imar Spaanjaars Dynamicweb Employee
Imar Spaanjaars

I am sorry if this has come up before, but is there a work around to make uploading files in the File Manager work with Firefox? Or is the only alternative to use a different browser?

Thanks,

Imar

Replies

Nicolai Pedersen

Yes, it was fixed on February 25th 2009, TFS#2184 :-).

I have it working with my Firefox in both DW8 and DW9. See dumps...

Capture.PNG Capture1.PNG

Imar Spaanjaars

It doesn't work for me, our PMs or many of our customers. When I upload in Firefox I get a red X. I don't think it's a server side issue as it works OK in Chrome (second half of video): http://screencast.com/t/jJvM7g8fbr

Is there something that needs to be configured to make this work?

Imar

Nicolai Pedersen
This post has been marked as an answer

I think it must be a server error or firewall error - or maybe custom things. I cannot upload to the URL in your video from my Firefox either, but to everything else... Using the exact same computer and Firefox... See dump.

It might be related to the Firefox cookie issue. We made a fix at some point to handle this.

Could it be some custom Global.asax? GlobalAsaxHandler.Application_BeginRequest must be called on the post request to /Admin/Filemanager/Upload/Store.aspx. Also you have earlier done some work on Notifications.Standard.Application.AuthenticateRequest notification where you work with the "handled" property. If this is the case on the implied solutions, take a look if that could cause it.

NP

Capture.PNG
Votes for this answer: 1

Imar Spaanjaars

Wow, good find! Application_BeginRequest is the issue indeed. When you do a File | New Project | Dynamicweb 8 this is what you get in Global.asax:

public void Application_BeginRequest(object sender, EventArgs e)
{
  // Fires at the beginning of each request
  //GlobalAsax.Application_BeginRequest(sender, e);

}

So all of your custom apps (which means all of them) have this disabled. Was there ever a reason for this? Should I change it to the following:

public void Application_BeginRequest(object sender, EventArgs e)
{
  // Fires at the beginning of each request
  Dynamicweb.Frontend.GlobalAsaxHandler.Application_BeginRequest(sender, e);
}

I just tried that on one of our sites and it fixes the upload issue. However, I am not sure if there are any downsides to doing this?

Thanks!

Imar

Nicolai Pedersen

Hi Imar

Yes, your solution is exactly what is needed. And missing from our custom project for some reason... Will look into that.

BR Nicolai

You must be logged in to post in the forum