Developer forum

Forum » CMS - Standard features » Understand Conversion Report

Understand Conversion Report

Nuno Aguiar

Hi,

We have a website where I had to integrate 2 pages with the Cart module.

1. One page only with 1 step - Show Cart
  2. Another page that has multiple steps and the actual checkout

Looking into the reports, I can see some people in that page with 1 step, did go to the "Checkout". I don't know what triggers it. The user can update quantities, delete orderlines and there's a link to the actual Checkout page, but nothing to trigger a "next step", which would be my assumption. Can anybody shed some light on this?

As for 2 report, everything looks OK, other than a UI issue (also in attachment)

Best Regards,

Nuno Aguiar

Replies

Nicolai Høeg Pedersen

Hi Nuno

It checks how many goes through the "checkout" step in the entire page. That part is not depending on which instance of the cart, so it is all carts on the site that converted to an order.

Nuno Aguiar

Hi Nicolai,

If I understood you correctly, the "Checkout" bar graph should have the same amount on both instances of the cart. But if you look at the attached reports that's not the case. If you look at the attached screenshots (in the original post) you can see Report1 has 687 and Report2 has 708.

I just went to the backend and tried it again (in case something had happened between the time the screenshots were taken) and that's still the case. Could it be a bug?

Best Regards,

Nuno Aguiar

Nicolai Høeg Pedersen

I do not know the exact reason. But with a setup like yours, there could be many explanations.

Nuno Aguiar

Hi Nicolai,

Ok, we'll do some additional tests. In the meanwhile we'll tell the client not to consider the Checkout amount in report 1.

Best Regards,

Nuno Aguiar

You must be logged in to post in the forum