Developer forum

Forum » CMS - Standard features » Triggering Saved subscriber for an user / address only once

Triggering Saved subscriber for an user / address only once

Imar Spaanjaars Dynamicweb Employee
Imar Spaanjaars

Hi there,

We ran into a situation with Live Integration where we have multiple UserSaved / AddressSaved notifications fire for a user, causing multiple requests to the ERP per HTTP context. For example:

• Changing user data triggers 1 notification - UserSaved
  • Adding a new address (without setting it as the default) triggers 2 notifications - UserSaved + UserAddress
  • Changing the default address triggers 3 notifications - UserSaved + UserAddress (old default address) + UserAddress (new default address)

Since the XML for a user also includes the address info, we're sending the same information multiple times. When the requests fire fast enough, this can lead to duplicate data in the ERP.

Ideally, I like to have a single notification subscriber like AllUserDataSaved that I can handle to submit the data to the ERP. Would that be possible somehow?

If not, I was thinking about doing this custom, as follows:

1. Handle UserSaved and just add something to HttpContext.Current.Items to indicate there's a pending change
2. Do the same for UserAddressSaved
3. In a late subscriber like OnOutput or so, fire a custom notification like AllUserDataSaved 
4. Handle AllUserDataSaved and send all data to the ERP.

Would that be a good approach? Any pitfalls I need to be aware of?

Thanks!

Imar

Replies

Imar Spaanjaars

Bump Any ideas on how to improve saving addresses?

Imar Spaanjaars
while (!GetResponse())
{
  Bump();
}

You must be logged in to post in the forum