Developer forum

Forum » CMS - Standard features » Translations keep reseting

Translations keep reseting

Adrian Ursu Dynamicweb Employee
Adrian Ursu

Hi Guys,

Is there any reason my Translation file keeps resetting?

I have 2 people working on translating terms on the website and every few hours the file is back to empty.

The Admin site is accessed via a separate URL but the file location is the same.

Any ideeas?

Thanks,

Adrian

Replies

Nicolai Pedersen

Hi Adrian

Can you please mail me the link to the solution - we have a similar issue on another customer that we just looked at yesterday. Want to check if this could be the same.

BR Nicolai

Adrian Ursu

Sure.

The admin site is http://admin.ppt.ro

The live site is http://www.ppt.ro

They were doing translations in ManagementCenter/Translations

The solution was not updated recently and we worked on the translations before without any issues.

Could it be something related to an Windows Update?

I have noticed that the Translation file gets broken then it is reset.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Adrian 

Adrian Ursu

Hi Nicolai,

Any news on this?

I need a workaround for this issue because our client is supposed to launch the Bulgarian version on Monday and we have to re-translate everything.

Thank you

Adrian

Adrian Ursu

Hi NIcolai,

I have noticed that the error (and rewrite of translation) might be caused by special characters.

In our case it was Bulgarian.

I am not sure why, but it looks like the values entered via the editor were not saved as UTF-8 but as something else. Therefore the file seemed broken and was rewritten.

Any ideeas on this direction?

Thanks,

Adrian

Nicolai Pedersen

Nope, but we can check it out. The only issue we have related to this is if you use the new translation windows (where the translation files are in /Designs or /Designs/{DesignName} and you use the old Translate(key, default, global) tag. That last parameter will give issues as well.

Adrian Ursu

Hi Nicolai,

I don't think we ever used the old syntax. In fact, we have moved this site to the Razor syntax 1 year ago. And everything worked almost fine (translation wise) until now.

I am not sure if one of their admins pasted some unicode text in the editor or any other way. They have used for translating, the section from Management center. Not the one in the Content section. Not sure if this has any relevance.

Thanks,

Adrian

You must be logged in to post in the forum