Developer forum

Forum » CMS - Standard features » Tracking not tracking as expected

Tracking not tracking as expected

Nuno Aguiar Dynamicweb Employee
Nuno Aguiar

Hi,

I am trying to pull some data from the EcomTracking tables when I realized it wasn't tracking it until I checked "Store ignored visits"

Here's the screencast for it in 9.13.3 https://www.screencast.com/t/hprgrwnXC7k

Repro steps

• I checked the backend Tracking settings and to my knowledge, everything was accurate (attached)
  • I logged in and navigated in the frontend (some random pages)
  • I went to firehose and queried the latest TrackingView_* table
    • No visits recorded
  • I enabled "Store ignored visits" in the Settings > Web and HTTP > Tracking
  • I went back to the frontend and navigated some pages
  • I went to firehose and queried the latest TrackingView_* table
    • Now I got results

Any thoughts if I am doing something wrong and/or if there's anything else I can check?

My requirement is to get the pages the user is visiting. I also checked Statv2 tables and the user's "Visits" in the backend and nothing shows up, despite the old "Statistics" being enabled as well.

Best Regards,

Nuno Aguiar

2022-09-27_18-30-07.jpg

Replies

Morten Bengtson Dynamicweb Employee
Morten Bengtson
This post has been marked as an answer

Hi Nuno,

You can try to take a look at sessions which have been tracked after you have enabled "Store ignored visits" in the Settings > Web and HTTP > Tracking.
With any ignored visit we mark the session as excluded and also store a reason for why it was excluded.

Try to execute this sql statement in firehose and see if that gives you a clue about what is going on:

SELECT TOP 100 [TrackingSessionExcludedReason], *
FROM [TrackingSession]
WHERE [TrackingSessionExcluded] = 1
ORDER BY [TrackingSessionTimestamp] DESC

Best regards,
Morten

Votes for this answer: 1

Nicolai Pedersen
This post has been marked as an answer

When storing ignored visits, you can see the reason in the tracking table:

So disable this - why you have connection close, I do not know...

Votes for this answer: 1

Nuno Aguiar Dynamicweb Employee
Nuno Aguiar

Thank you Morten and Nicolai.

Indeed the reason is that the connection header is "close", Once I disabled that checkbox it started to behave as expected.

Switching topics for a quick feedback, I did notice one odd experience, is what using the Tracking tables with a Monthly interval, I cannot use the "TrackingSession" table to get the current month, but odd thing was that it names the table with the current day of the month (not the first). So in my QA database, the table is called "TrackingSession_20220927" instead of "TrackingSession_202209" or "TrackingSession_20220901".

This is not a big deal in DW9, but if it can be optimized in DW10 would be nice so we could have a better expectation for the table name.

Best Regards,

Nuno Aguiar

You must be logged in to post in the forum