Developer forum

Forum » CMS - Standard features » Too many redirects

Too many redirects

André van der Zijden

Hey all,

We're encountering a real weird issue in one of our solutions. When you go to the page https://www.coffeefresh.nl/Duurzaam you'll get an error in Chrome that there are too many redirects. I don't have confirmation it happening in any other browser. The error is helpful though, because if you remove your cookies then the page will work and it won't redirect at all. The culprit in the cookies seems to be ASP.NET_sessionid, because if you remove it the page immediately works. However if you remove the cookies again and then go to the homepage and then back to duurzaam then most of the time the error is back. So we can't just tell the customer to tell their clients to clear the cookies one time, because the problem will come back after a while. Also this is the only page in the solution which shows this behaviour, all other pages seem to work just fine.

We've checked if there's any shortcuts set up or direct paths. I've noticed there were old pages named similarly who redirected to the page but I've removed the redirects there (even though the old pages were unpublished). 

In the redirect message we've also noticed this: X-DWAPP-MSG with the value 301 from 404 handler. 

I am wondering if anyone has an idea of what could cause this problem and how we could fix it. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Kind regards,

André van der Zijden

Replies

André van der Zijden

I've created a new page, and copied paragraphs and subpages to it. The new page doesn't have the problem.

If you're interested in the problem I've left the old page under a different url: https://www.coffeefresh.nl/Duurzaam_oud

With me the error still occurs on that page.

Nicolai Pedersen

It is a 8.7 and I know we have fixed some things related to redirects after that. If it is related to ASP.NET_sessionid I would check your custom code - I cannot recall anything we have related to the session and redirects...

I cannot login to the solution to see the setup and what causes it. But if you can reproduce, I would make a copy, reproduce, upgrade, test again. I am pretty sure the problem will go away.

BR Nicolai

You must be logged in to post in the forum