Developer forum

Forum » CMS - Standard features » Swift Email Template Error

Swift Email Template Error

Melissa Borgmann
Melissa Borgmann

When utilizing a page created in Content > System Emails as the User Confirmation E-mail on the Extranet app (set to Create Profile), a template error is received in the email body.

Replies

Shiwanka Chathuranga Dynamicweb Employee
Shiwanka Chathuranga

can you post the full screenshot of the error, you miss the important part when you post the screenshot

Melissa Borgmann
Melissa Borgmann

Apologies, Shiwanka! Below & attached.

Error executing template "/Designs/Swift/Grid/Email/RowTemplates/1Column.cshtml"
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at CompiledRazorTemplates.Dynamic.RazorEngine_7e426f255dd34f12ab7dbc9986236d69.Execute() in G:\Domains\Sites\uat-hillsfurn.mydwsite1.com\Files\Templates\\Designs\Swift\Grid\Email\RowTemplates\1Column.cshtml:line 16
   at RazorEngine.Templating.TemplateBase.RazorEngine.Templating.ITemplate.Run(ExecuteContext context, TextWriter reader)
   at RazorEngine.Templating.RazorEngineService.RunCompile(ITemplateKey key, TextWriter writer, Type modelType, Object model, DynamicViewBag viewBag)
   at RazorEngine.Templating.RazorEngineServiceExtensions.<>c__DisplayClass16_0.<RunCompile>b__0(TextWriter writer)
   at RazorEngine.Templating.RazorEngineServiceExtensions.WithWriter(Action`1 withWriter)
   at Dynamicweb.Rendering.RazorTemplateRenderingProvider.Render(Template template)
   at Dynamicweb.Rendering.TemplateRenderingService.Render(Template template)
   at Dynamicweb.Rendering.Template.RenderRazorTemplate()

Merethe Vrå Andersen Dynamicweb Employee
Merethe Vrå Andersen

Hi,

My verification email (with the page "Create Account - Verify - User Email (UserAccountEmailConfirmation)" works as intended.
https://www.screencast.com/t/laBcke70L

Maybe you can compare the setup for that page with the setup for your page?

The page you have problems with is not a standard page in our Swift. If I need to look into it, I need  your setup in the extranet app and what columns and settings that is used on the page.
Maybe you can hide the rows on the page and publish one at the time and then see if one of them give the error?

BR,
Merethe

Melissa Borgmann
Melissa Borgmann

Hi Merethe,

I ended up needing to change all columns on the page with Styling > 'No Theme' to point to a theme in order to clear the primary template error shown originally (seen at 0:49 in the linked screencast: https://www.screencast.com/t/U9nkrNCt

Now I have the following issues:

1. The cookie acceptance content is appearing at the bottom of the email template despite not being included in the email page template (seen at 0:20).
  2. The link to verify the user's email initially throws an error when visited (seen at 0:25). When visiting the link a second time, it works but directs to the 'Create Account screen' (seen at 0:35). Based on the settings, it should be directing either to the user's My Account > Dashboard or the sign in page (seen at 1:14).

Note that the above issues also happen when utilizing the 'default/standard' page: https://www.screencast.com/t/i6c4pxrB

Please advise on next steps. Thank you!

Johanne Glimsdal
Johanne Glimsdal

Hi!

i'm experiencing the same issue...

This is what I get in my inbox. 

I have tried with themes and with no themes, same problem. 
Works fine if the template is set to a template and not a page. But hope to see an improvment here, because it is much easier with a page then a template. 

Melissa Borgmann
Melissa Borgmann

Any update on this?

Melissa Borgmann
Melissa Borgmann

I believe this has been resolved with Swift 1.22, FYI :)

You must be logged in to post in the forum