Developer forum

Forum » CMS - Standard features » Subscribe to newsletter when using advanced security settings

Subscribe to newsletter when using advanced security settings

Adrian Ursu Dynamicweb Employee
Adrian Ursu

Hi Guys,

I have a situation where we activated the Security setting for enforcing a more complex password.

After this activation, the subscribe to newsletter seems to ask for more details when trying to subscribe. Namely a Paswword that fits the security settings.

Is there any way around this except by hardcoding a complex password when subscribing?

Thanks,

Adrian

Replies

Nicolai Pedersen

Hi Adrian

If you submit a username, the password check is run. If you submit only the email address and allowemail fields (and mayber other user fields), the password check is not run.

BR Nicolai

Adrian Ursu

Hi Nicolai,

Thank you for the answer.

I am pretty sure I tried that scenario already but I will give it another try now that I know how it's supposed to work.

Thanks,

Adrian

Adrian Ursu
This post has been marked as an answer

Hi Nicolai,

I have tried using the code found on wrap, but it only works if the "Enable Password security - Extranet" is disabled.

This is the code:

<div class="col-md-3 col-sm-6 col-xs-12">

<div class="col">

<h4>@Translate("Mailing list", "Mailing list")</h4>

<p>@Translate("Sign up if you would like to receive occasional treats from us", "Sign up if you would like to receive occasional treats from us").</p>

<form name="UserManagementEditForm" action='/Default.aspx?ID=@GetString("Item.Area.SignUpPageId")' method="post" enctype="multipart/form-data">

<input name="UserManagementForm" value="1" type="hidden" />

<input id="UserManagementForm.DeleteImage" name="UserManagementForm.DeleteImage" type="hidden" />

<div style="display: none;">

<input name="UserManagement_Form_EmailAllowed" id="UserManagement_Form_EmailAllowed" value="True" checked="checked" type="checkbox">

<input name="UserManagement_Form_EmailAllowed_ApplyValue" id="UserManagement_Form_EmailAllowed_ApplyValue" value="AllowEmail" type="hidden">

</div>

<div class="input-group">

@{ attrValue = Translate("Your email address", "Your email address");}

<input name="UserManagement_Form_Email" id="UserManagement_Form_Email" type="text" class="form-control" placeholder="@attrValue"></input>

<span class="input-group-btn">

<input class="btn btn-base" type="submit" id="submitter" value="Go" />

</span>

</div>

<div>&nbsp;</div>

</form>

</div>

</div>

Thank you,

Adrian

Votes for this answer: 1

Nicolai Pedersen

Can I get a dump of the entire paragraph setup?

Adrian Ursu

Hi Nicolai,

Sure.

I have attached it.

As mentioned, after turning security setting off, the subscribe worked like a charm without any change in the form code.

Adrian

screencapture-yolanda-dw-demo-Admin-Content-ParagraphEditModule-aspx-1502358765562.png

Nicolai Pedersen

Looking at the code, this seems to could happen if security level of passwords is set to high. If you set them to medium, it should not throw that error. Can you verify that?

Adrian Ursu

Hi Nicolai,

It was High indeed. 

But I guess that was the customer's request.

I confirm it works with medium security.
Adrian

Nicolai Pedersen

TFS#37428 in Dynamicweb.Security - will be out in 2.0.1 of that package.

You must be logged in to post in the forum