Developer forum

Forum » CMS - Standard features » SqlDataProvider Exception when table does not exist

SqlDataProvider Exception when table does not exist

Nuno Aguiar Dynamicweb Employee
Nuno Aguiar

Hi,

Working with a SqlDataProvider in the Deployment Tool we were comparing content on some tables (happened to be standard DW tables - EcomDetailGroupValues and EcomShopOrderNotificationRelation), but because the tables hadn't yet been created in our destination database, we got an exception.

Could this be better handled, maybe as "Left only" or some specific message? I understand we may need to create the schema first, so I'm not asking for automatic resolution, but rather something more user friendly to interpret the issue.

Best Regards,

Nuno Aguiar

Replies

Imar Spaanjaars Dynamicweb Employee
Imar Spaanjaars

Hi Nuno,

The issue is also happening when the source database is not in sync with the data groups. I got those error messages because the *source* database didn't contain the tables used in the deployment data group. The two tables you mentioned (EcomShopOrderNotificationRelation and EcomDetailGroupValues) don't seem to exist in a fresh Swift database but they existed in your data groups. (The missing tables may also be another issue for the Swift team but that's unrelated to this particular issue). That then caused the tool to crash because the referenced tables don't exist in the source (anymore).

Imar

Nicolai Pedersen

Hi both

EcomShopOrderNotificationRelation and EcomDetailGroupValues does not seem to be tables used by Dynamicweb.

BR Nicolai

Imar Spaanjaars Dynamicweb Employee
Imar Spaanjaars

Interesting. I see them in many old databases. Also, I saw EcomShopOrderNotificationRelation in code (ShopOrderNotificationRelation) but that seems to have been removed now.

I guess the original issue is still there: the tool gives a YSOD when a table no longer exists.

Imar

Nicolai Pedersen

We will probably not change that right now... 

You must be logged in to post in the forum