Developer forum

Forum » CMS - Standard features » Slowness in Backend standard modules

Slowness in Backend standard modules

Arker Soe
Arker Soe

Hi,

I am facing slowness accessing the modules in backend (ecommerce>orders , discounts and offers). the time taken goes up to 14s to 20s . When i check them debugging by SQL profiler, the issues lies in calling queris. some of the queries took longer than 6 sec. Is there anything we can do about it so we have faster response time upon using the modules? ie doing something to DB?

Replies

Nicolai Pedersen

How many records do you have in the discount table?

Arker Soe
Arker Soe

There are a bit more than 100 records in discounts. but thing is that the query calling that list is calculating in Ecomorderlines for the total discount amount used for each of them. and orderline table rows count is quite big. So, I am wandering if we do add some new index to tables,EcomOrderlineOrderid in this case, (  I see the DW tables indexes of their own) to improve the performance, will it affect DW backend  ? i am using version 9.6 . and will it affect or break the functions in the newer version of DW if i were to upgrade?

Nicolai Pedersen
This post has been marked as an answer

ok, the number of orderlines explains it.

Yes you can add indexes - that does not break anything also not in future version. Alternatively you need to remove orderlines that is very old.

Votes for this answer: 1

You must be logged in to post in the forum