Developer forum

Forum » CMS - Standard features » Sign up for the newsletter

Tomas Gomez

Hi,

I have an issue with the form to sign up for the newsletter. The sign up page with the Extranet App works nicely fornon-registered users. However, when an already registered user press the "Subscribe" button, nothing happens. The user is not redirected to the "Thanks for your subscription" page, neither is added to the Newsletter group and not her consents and email permission modified.

In this post, I see the problem #2217 regarding data of existing user cannot be updated on subscription to newsletter. I don't know if it is related or this is another issue.

Regards,
Tomas

Replies

Oleg Rodionov Dynamicweb Employee
Oleg Rodionov
This post has been marked as an answer

Hi,

I've checked the feature on Rapido solution via Extranet module set up for subscribing on last DW9.10.11 (has 2217 fixed) and have correct results - proof. Please, find details about feature in the manual.

BR, Oleg QA

Votes for this answer: 1

Tomas Gomez

Thanks Oleg!

Tomas Gomez

One Question: Is there any other way to fix it? We cannot update our solution right now and we already have thousands of registered users.

I mean to replace a library, apply a hotfix, add code in that template or use another template for registered users...

Regards,
Tomas

Nicolai Pedersen

in the link oleg provided, you can see a checkbox saying "update users based on email match". Check that. Otherwise users have to login first.

BR Nicolai

Tomas Gomez

Hi Nicolai,

It doesn't work (as far of my tests). I tried to subscribe an existing user, logued in and logued out, checking and unchecking both the "update users based on email match" and the "require unique emails" options.

In all cases, after pressing the Subscribe button, the page is just reloaded (it doesn't redirect to the confirmation page)

Is there any othere way I can try?

Regards,
Tomas

You must be logged in to post in the forum