Developer forum

Forum » CMS - Standard features » Send user details email - reset link not working

Send user details email - reset link not working

Pernille Mortensen

I'm setting up my first DW site and I have encountered a problem on the user page. I have created some users for the extranet and I would like to send them an email with their login information. 

I find the user in the backend and use the button "Send user details". I choose the only suggested template for this: "Extranet_SendPasswordRecoveryEmail.html (a standard template in DW). The user receives the email as intended, but the reset-link in the email doesn't work. The url in the link is just something like "x-webdoc://-randomnumbersandletters-/%3C!--@DWUsers:User:PasswordRecoveryUrl--%3E"

The reset link in the template uses <!--@DWUsers:User:PasswordRecoveryUrl--> but I cant seem to find anything about this tag. Is it an invalid tag?

I'm wondering why this standard option isn't working. Am I missing somthing or do I need to make extra configuration for this option to work?

Replies

Oleg Rodionov Dynamicweb Employee
Oleg Rodionov

Hi Pernille,

What DW version do you use to catch the issue, it's last one available (9.3.4)?

BR, Oleg QA

Oleg Rodionov

Pernille, 

I see the issue is reproduced on last version of admin as well. Actually, the template is used with another new feature not yet documented. So, the reset feature cannot be used in your case, probably. I've created new TFS 40132 to fix the issue, will be provided with further hotfix/release. Temporary, you can update the template to delete reset section or upload the attached template to the same folder - Template\ExtranetExtended. You can use extra tags defined with manual - http://doc.dynamicweb.com/template-tags/users/extranet/email

Thanks for observing.

BR, Oleg QA 

Lars Larsen
Lars Larsen

Hi Oleg

Do you know how this new feature you metioned will work? 

Oleg Rodionov

Hi Lars,

When editing an user it should be possible to send a recover password mail, it makes sense if you have encrypted passwords. Please, find attached pics for details. 'Password recovery page' - a page on which the login (User management frontend) is added. Sending this email will store a password recovery token and expiration on the user and send the email with a link to password recovery.

BR, Oleg QA

2017-10-11_0825.png 2017-10-11_0826.png

Lars Larsen
Lars Larsen

Hi Oleg

OK so the editor can send an user an email which contains a link to a password recovery page. When the user clicks the link in the email the user is directed to the password recovery page. Is it on this page possible for the user to enter a new password? Or how does this password recovery page work?

Oleg Rodionov

Hi,

The page should contains Extranet module with Show-Login selected and allows to recover password. Please, find details here  - http://doc.dynamicweb.com/documentation-9/users/user-management/extranet#2518

BR, Oleg QA 

Lars Larsen
Lars Larsen

Hi Oleg

Ah, now I see. Thanks for clearifying smiley

Lars Larsen
Lars Larsen

Hi Oleg

Do you know when this new feature will be released?

Oleg Rodionov
This post has been marked as an answer

Hi Lars,

The feature is already available on DW930 and up :) Try with an user has encrypted password in UM backend as I've described above with pics.

BR, Oleg QA

Votes for this answer: 1

Lars Larsen
Lars Larsen

Hi Oleg

Yeah now I see! I can see the feature now for users with encrypted passwords. Thanks smiley

Pernille Mortensen

Thank you for your answer. I have removed the password-recovery link and edited the template to fit my needs.

I think I will end up sending the user at link to a page where I put the login module with an option to send a recovery email. Seems like the best solution so far.

You must be logged in to post in the forum