Developer forum

Forum » CMS - Standard features » Selecting default module to item based page

Selecting default module to item based page

Hans Ravnsfjall

Is it possible in some way, to choose a standard module for an item based page? If not, it would be really useful if this can be made possible

What I want to achieve is, an item based page (text, title) - that has an imagegallery attached to it as a module. I want the module to be preselected so the user won´t have to attach the module each time, and I also want the settings in the module to be predifined (template, sizes etc.)

Is there any way of passing a value selected from an itembased page, to an attached module on the same page? This could be very helpful, making it easier for the user so that they won´t have to switch between module and default view.

If somebody has an alternative to achieve what I want above, making it more simple and easy for the user - please let me know :)

Replies

Thomas Schroll

Hi Hans

I think you can build your own image gallery. You could make an item type with a field of the type 'folder', and then use the file manager's built-in funtionality to resize the images (eg. make a thumbnail folder). The defaults can be set on the item type.

Regards Thomas

Hans Ravnsfjall

Yeah that is an option, but that would take some custom module or could this be done in Razor?

Unfortunately we do not have the skill to program this, and generally want to avoid custom in order to avoid future compatibility problems.

But if somebody has made this with success, and in standard - please let me know :)

Thomas Schroll

This can definitely be done in Razor. You don't need a custom module. I've tried it before, but discarded the approach because of a need to select which files goes into the gallery. Unfortunately I haven't saved the template. As I remember one issue were how to check if the files exist, but I'm pretty sure there is a way to circumvent that.

I hope you find a good solution.

Regards Thomas

You must be logged in to post in the forum