Developer forum

Forum » CMS - Standard features » Search in ecommerce and item types at the same time

Search in ecommerce and item types at the same time

Kim Søjborg Pedersen

Hi,
I have a need to make a global search that both search in products and different item types and present the search result grouped by these.

For example I have ecom products and 3 different item types and I want the search result to look like this.

Products (3 results)
product 1
product 2
product 3

Itemtype 1 (2 results)
Item 1

Item 2

Itemtype 2 (1 results)
Item 1

Itemtype 3 (2 results)
Item 1

Item 2

Can it be done without making any extensions and 

Replies

Nicolai Høeg Pedersen

Hi Kim

The search module cannot search by item type, but by location in the tree.

You can insert the search module 4 times - 1 instance searches one type (one part of the tree) of content. Then you get a stack of 4 search results...

BR Nicolai

Gaetan Di Caro

Hello,

I have had the same need so I'll post my question here if it's ok. Nicolai, I tried your solution but the search doesn't return results from my items pages. The static content is searched and this works, but not the dynamic content generated by the items' data. It looks like these pages just aren't indexed by the DynamicWeb search. For example if I have a person called X and search for X, I will get the pages where X is mentioned in the hard content, but not the profile page of this person (i.e "Person.aspx?itemId=xxx") where the content is generated dynamically.

Is there a way to do that ?

Thanks !

Nicolai Høeg Pedersen

Hi Gaetan

In earlier versions, items are not searched. What version are you running?

BR Nicolai

Gaetan Di Caro

Hello Nicolai,

I'm running 8.6.1.4

Nicolai Høeg Pedersen

Gaetan, something might be mis-configured. I need a link here, or you can create a case.

BR Nicolai

Gaetan Di Caro

Hello Nicolai,

Is the search suppose to index the items present in named item lists as well as the item-based paragraphs ?

Thanks !

Nicolai Høeg Pedersen

No, currently not.

You must be logged in to post in the forum