Developer forum

Forum » CMS - Standard features » Search Diagnostics

Search Diagnostics

Nuno Aguiar Dynamicweb Employee
Nuno Aguiar

Hi,

More than once I get asked for a Search Diagnostic, in simple terms, "why and where did this product match the free text search" and "why didn't this product got picked up by the free text search".

At first glance it's simple to explain by using a simple expression (like name) and doing some basic manual/visual validations. However this quickly becomes an impossible task, when there are +10k products, free-text needs to match on some keyword fields and data is not normalized/sanitized. At this point trying to convince the customer that there's nothing wrong with our system, and it's their data and/or the query is an exausting battle.

Does anybody have any tools or idea on how to do a Search Diagnostic in Dynamicweb? I'd settle for just about anything that can provide more concrete answers. Some of these customers might be somewhat technical and that makes the conversation harder when they some hard evidence.

Best Regards,

Nuno Aguiar

Replies

Nicolai Pedersen

Hi Nuno

I take it you know Luke to see what is in the index. And also know that debug=true kan give you the lucene query. You can then add the query to luke and 'analyze' the results there. In Luke you can see terms for each document and that might help.

BR Nicolai

Nuno Aguiar Dynamicweb Employee
Nuno Aguiar

Hi Nicolai,

That makes sense, but I have never successfully been able to do that, and I guess I figured that's not how I should be doing it. I must be doing something wrong. Can anybody help me out?

https://www.screencast.com/t/ygBr6H1iT

Best Regards,

Nuno Aguiar

You must be logged in to post in the forum