Developer forum

Forum » CMS - Standard features » Save and Close on Translations fails (Google Chrome)

Save and Close on Translations fails (Google Chrome)

Peter Leleulya

Using Google Chrome (latest version):

When I use the translate option on a website and use the 'save and close' buttun it seems to fail every time.
It closes the popup window as if the change was saved, but when you re-open you'll discover that the save wasn't succesfull.

When I use the translate option on a website and use the 'save' button it takes an incredible amount of time to process, but DOES save the newly added value.
As you can see in my movie clip (swf) at some point it even crashes and shows my application custom error page.

In the Event Log I see warnings The process cannot access the file 'C:\ ....\Translations.xml' because it is being used by another process.
Yeah, It's a production environment and the application is using the translation file.

When I use Mozilla Firefox the operation also takes a lot of time, but that seems to work using both buttons.

What to do about this?
It's true that I'm trying a file that is in use, but that's how dynamicweb translations is built ...

For this application it is the only way an website editor can change the translations, because they are limited to only their own language website.

Replies

Oleg Rodionov

Hi,

new TFS 17377 has been created against the bug, thanks for cooperating,

BR, Oleg QA

You must be logged in to post in the forum