Developer forum

Forum » CMS - Standard features » Repositories and Queries

Repositories and Queries

Kenneth Radoor

Hi.

I need to make a Qyery that excludes a subset of products depending on wether a customfield ("internalnumber" as string) starts with a known string.

The expressions includes the "usual suspects": active, languageID and Parentgroup IDs all en one group.

Then i make another group set it to "Negate" and add internalnumber to Contains my known string ("000500") as my expression.

The result is "no results".

if i flip the "Negate" i get only the products where internalnumber starts with 000500.

I have tried every possible combination of setting the expressions up, different kinds of nesting and ordering, but cant get it to work.

Is it possible at all the to make that kind of quering ?

/Kenneth

Replies

Nicolai Pedersen

Hi Kenneth

Which version is this - we have (maybe still have) and issue with the negate option. I have to validate this with a developer.

BR Nicolai

Kenneth Radoor

hi

Its version 9.2.6

/Kenneth

Nicolai Pedersen

Hi Kenneth

Thanks - we can see that happens in some situations. And we might have to re-code some stuff to get negate to work - and maybe move it to the operators directly. I.e. "Not Contains", "Not in" etc.

This will not be a quick fix - but we are on it.

BR Nicolai

Kenneth Radoor

Cool.

Or maybe just a checkbox to negate the expression, where applicable.

I think the would make the whole thing more logical and userfriendly :)

Please keep us posted when the fix is done, so i can remove that very ogly hack i have made.

/Kenneth

You must be logged in to post in the forum