Developer forum

Forum » CMS - Standard features » RE: Open site in another language

RE: Open site in another language

Andrey Kozachuk

Hello, I have a task to add multi language support to my site. I need to translate names of product groups and UI elements.

So far I found an article about Language management: http://manual.dynamicweb-cms.com/Default.aspx?ID=4275#30836. According to the article I created German language version of the site and modified one of the paragraph in German version.

How can I open the site in another language version? I have configured Domain and Primary domain fields in translated site to de.mysite.com, but it opens default english version by this URL.

Replies

Nicolai Høeg Pedersen

Hi Andrey

Did you add the langue hostnames (i.e. de.mysite.com) to the dns and to the hostheaders in IIS?

BR Nicolai

Andrey Kozachuk

Hi Nicolai,

No, but I am going to do it. When I add the language hostname to DNS and IIS (to the same website as English version) how will DynamicWeb know that it should open German version?

Nicolai Høeg Pedersen

It knows that because you set the domain on the website/language. So DW takes a look at the hostname and sees if that hostname should display a specific website in the solution.

So adding the hostname will not have an affect before you have them in DNS and IIS. Primary domain will maybe even go into error if it does not exist.

You can from a website, click the preview button and it will give you a preview of that website.

You must be logged in to post in the forum