Developer forum

Forum » CMS - Standard features » Re: adding a comments feature/module in News V2 module

Re: adding a comments feature/module in News V2 module

Alex Reyes
 Hi everyone,

I have a task in my current DynamicWeb project that requires me to allow users to post comments in news articles. I'm currently using the News V2 module but there seems to be no existing module that directly facilitates commenting. I did some searching in the documentation, and found that the CMS>Weblog, CMS>ForumsV2, and eCom>Power Pack modules have this feature (allowing comments) but each module does not fully satisfy my requirements.

Here are the fine points regarding this task:
  1. Each news article should have a comments section at the very end wherein users can supply their name, email address, and comments (all three fields are required).
  2. If a news article should have any comments, all comments related to it should be displayed immediately after the news article but before the comments section. The order in which the list of comments are displayed should be chronological.
  3. In the comments section, users should have an option to allow them to subscribe to email updates when any of these two triggers happen: when the CMS Admin has changed the news article, and when other users have posted new comments.
I am fairly new to DynamicWeb CMS, and I'm not sure as to how to approach this problem. Thanks in advance.

Replies

Lars Britz
This post has been marked as an answer

Hi Alex,

You are in luck. In Dynamicweb 8, it is possible to add the comment.html, that you possibly know from eCom, to a news-item as well. You just have to copy the file and edit the html-file a little and also the news-item file. It is all described in details here:

http://developer.dynamicweb-cms.com/documentation/for-designers/page-and-news-comments.aspx

Votes for this answer: 0

Alex Reyes
This looks promising, however, I only have access to Dynamicweb 7. Based on the link, I was able to replicate a few steps but got stuck in the later parts. Is there a known workaround for this? (well, other than upgrading to DW8)

Lars Britz

No I am afraid not. This is a DW8 feature.

You must be logged in to post in the forum