Developer forum

Forum » CMS - Standard features » RE:
Hans Ravnsfjall

Hi

WE have a potential customer selling membership subscriptions annually. The subscription runs from 01 August to 31 July

When customers subscribe, it must be such that the subscription proceeds untill the customer terminates the agreement, and the customer's credit card information shall be saved and the renewal must be automatic. That card info entries must be stored in the system somewhere (believe with gateway provider?)

It must be possible to signup for a membership subscription up, and join immediately.

Regardless of when you sign up for the subscription, it shall be renewed / extended by July 31st

A subscription will have a fixed annual prize at let's say 300 kr

So for eample, if sumone signs up on  January 1st, the subscriber will only pay 300 kr, minus the period that is equivalent to 01 August to 31 January. Charging less than max amount, is something that can be done in Quickpay as standard, so that should not be a problem?

Are the things I describe are possible in the new ecom, and is there any evidence of this?

Replies

Nicolai Høeg Pedersen

It would be possible in 2 ways.

Either by using a specific implementation of recurring orders - you need something that can calculate the price for first period when singing up. Recurring can take care of payments/orders every year.

Another option is to change the template in the quickpay checkout step and correct it to use their member service - then you post the payment to Quickpay who will save the payment and make sure the recurring payment will be executed.

BR Nicolai

Hans Ravnsfjall

Can reccuring also be set so that it will charge all costumers at the same specific date, no mather what date the initial signup order is created for each of the subscribers.

Is this relatively easy to do, without having to program any custom module in any way, shape or form? Has anyone done this prior to now, and/or is there any documentation on configuring this?

Nicolai Høeg Pedersen

Recurring can be setup to do this at a specific date, but I think it requires a but of custom. The same goes for the price calculation.

I do not have knowledge of anyone doing this currently.

It is doable, but I'm pretty sure it requires some trial and error and custom code.

BR Nicolai

You must be logged in to post in the forum