Developer forum

Forum » CMS - Standard features » Provider Use updates

Provider Use updates

Nuno Aguiar Dynamicweb Employee
Nuno Aguiar

Hi,

We see a lot of scheduled tasks and jobs to get data integrated, and while trying to investigate an issue for a customer, noticed a lot of "noise" for ProviderUse being updated https://www.screencast.com/t/HuuqHZqxVROm

Should this even be being logged (given how "chatty" it is)? I would expect that a counter such as this could be skipped. Or is there a need to audit every little change of GlobalSettings?

Best Regards,

Nuno Aguiar

Replies

Justin Sjouw Dynamicweb Employee
Justin Sjouw

Hey Nuno,

Do you by any chance know what the ProviderUse means. I saw this number pop-up during configuration of a local solution, and I'm not sure if I should add this "setting" to my deployed version of the config file. 

Is is just a counter keeping track of how many times the provider is used in activities?

<DataIntegration>
      <ProviderUse>
        <DynamicwebProvider>4</DynamicwebProvider>
      </ProviderUse>
    </DataIntegration>

Nicolai Pedersen Dynamicweb Employee
Nicolai Pedersen

It is trying to log how many instances of the provider you have in use for reporting purpose - how that is done seems to be relatively stupid and should be changed :-)

Nuno Aguiar Dynamicweb Employee
Nuno Aguiar

Hi Nicolai,

Can the UpdateStatistic method in Jobs.cs be removed/deleted if this is no longer being used?

Oddly enough we are getting a lot of corrupted GlobalSettings across multiple sites (various versions of DW9 - including 9.17.4)

• I managed to narrow it down to the updates of ProviderUse
    • I created a config file (example attached in zip to avoid issues)
  • Our sites have a lot of data integration jobs
  • The statistics is being updated constantly - proven by the Event Viewer in Monitoring
  • The file gets corrupted every now and again
    • I have a theory that's when 2 or more jobs are running simultaneouly (i.e. a scheduled task and a manual run, or some async scheduled task) trying to write to Global Settings
  • If those statistics are not being used anymore, then we'd stop updating GlobalSettings that much, thus preventing this issue

Thoughts?

Nuno Aguiar

You must be logged in to post in the forum