Developer forum

Forum » CMS - Standard features » Product Catalog module UI issue

Product Catalog module UI issue

Adrian Ursu Dynamicweb Employee
Adrian Ursu

Hi guys,

I know I have posted this issue a couple of times already and every time I got back the suggestion to clear my cookies or session.

I was hoping that the newer versions will find a way to get rid of this annoying behavior but even in the latest version, the behavior is the same.

I need to understand why is this happening and why nobody else is reporting it. Is it just my browser setup? Am I doing something wrong?

It is true that the UI comes back to normal if I clear session and cookies. But I cannot do this every time I open a new admin browser in one of our solutions.

Can anybody suggest a permanent solution to this issue?

Thank you,
Adrian

UI_misbehaving.png

Replies

Nicolai Pedersen

What browser, what version, what browser add-ins, what solution? Give us a URL please.

I look at that screen 100 times everyday and never see this. So we need something to look at in order to fix anything if possible...

Adrian Ursu

Hi Nicolai,

It happens in all of our solutions.

The latest one is running 9.7.1: http://iedera.dotfusion.ro you can try any page under "Colectii". My guess is they will display correctly for you on the test as they are for me after clearing my cookies.

The browser I use every day is Chrome Version 77.0.3865.120 (Official Build) (64-bit) but it happened constantly in the past year. Which means it is not browser version dependent.

I have a few extensions in the browser but never thought they could have an impact on this display, especially because the interface is sometimes displayed correctly.

I can't say anything about Firefox, Edge or other browsers as I am not using them daily. 

It seems to happen mostly when switching between solutions. But once it starts displaying bad, it will keep displaying bad until I clear my cookies.

Thank you,

Adrian

Nicolai Pedersen

Well, hard to tell. It looks fine when I login. I've never seen it in other places...

Anyone else has this?

Adrian Ursu
This post has been marked as an answer

Hi Nicolai,

I have inspected the code and it looks like some logic is adding an inline style with a 22px height declaration to the QueryConditions div.

It is also happening sometimes for the QuerySortByParams.

When they are displayed correctly, the height for both these divs is 178 px.

See attached.

I hope this might help you track the issue.

Thank you,

Adrian

UI.png
Votes for this answer: 1

Nicolai Pedersen

Ive sent it to QA and see if they can locate something.

Adrian Ursu

Hi Nicolai,

Thank you.

Adrian

Nicolai Pedersen

Hi Adrian

We have now tested in multiple browsers, on multiple solutions and checked the code for anything related to 22px and cannot locate anything.

I think this somehow be related to in your local installation - maybe browser add-ins, or changing between developer mode or something similar... 

BR Nicolai

You must be logged in to post in the forum