Developer forum

Forum » CMS - Standard features » Permissions for app settings

Permissions for app settings

Lars Larsen
Lars Larsen

Hi

I have a user that have delete permission on both page and a paragraph on a page. But the user can't click the app icon in the paragraph list on the page or click the app icon in the paragraph. How do I set permission so the user can edit the app settings?

Capture.JPG

Replies

Nicolai Pedersen

There is no app icon on the paragraph list...?

Are you sure it is permissions...? And not an item type that does not allow modules/apps?

Also check if it is not an app that the user does not have permissions for.

Lars Larsen
Lars Larsen

Yes, there is an app icon in the paragraph list, but can't click it (no link on it).

I don't know if it permissions or something else. The itemtype does allow apps. I have granted "Full" permission on the app (Product Catalog) to the usergroup the user belongs to and the user belongs to only this group.

Nicolai Pedersen

There cannot be an app on a paragraphlist. Maybe item edit - which is the same screen for pages and paragraphs. Items can only have apps on paragraphs

Lars Larsen
Lars Larsen

Hi Nicolai

Sorry, maybe I haven't expressed myself clearly? I am talking about the app icon here:

Capture.JPG

Morten Bengtson Dynamicweb Employee
Morten Bengtson
This post has been marked as an answer

Hi Lars,

It is related to permissions.

If the item type doesn't allow module attachment then the "App" button is not visible at all.

If the user doesn't have sufficient permissions to the attached module then the button is visible, but disabled.

So you need to go to Apps and check the permissions configured for "Product catalog (ecom)" or "Product catalog for ViewModel" - or whatever module you are using.

Besides permissions for specific users or user groups you should also check for permissions on system roles and any inherited permissions. You should be able to see all that in the permissions dialog for each module.

Best regards,
Morten

Votes for this answer: 1

Morten Bengtson Dynamicweb Employee
Morten Bengtson

Your last screen dump shows an icon for the shopping cart module, so try to check the permissions on that.

Apps >  Shopping cart (right click and select permissions)

Lars Larsen
Lars Larsen

Hi 

Oh, my bad!!! I checked permissions on the "Product Catalog" app but I should have checked permissions on the "Shopping cart" app. Sorry for the inconvenience.

You must be logged in to post in the forum