Developer forum

Forum » CMS - Standard features » Override Email Permissions

Override Email Permissions

Adrian Ursu

Hello,

Is there any way to override the check for "Email Permission" when using Email Marketing?

I am using Email marketing to send automated messages for new users or new subscribers. For subscribers it is ok to use the check because we are subscribing them to newsletter but foir new users thay are not necessarily subscribed to newsletter.

I remember in early version of Email Marketing, this check was optional.

Thanks,

Adrian

Replies

Nicolai Høeg Pedersen

When you add new users, i.e. from the frontend when they create an account, make sure that they have this flag set. That can be a hidden field.

Also on a group in the backend, you can go to the group properties and apply the email allowed flag to all users in that group - see dump.

Those are the only options.

BR Nicolai

Capture.PNG

Adrian Ursu

Got it. Thanks

This solves it for now. But ideally, I would separate the notifications emails (that are not rquiring an acceptance) from the Newsletter.

It is true that in my case all new users will be allocated to the Customer group and have the "Email Permission" checked by default.

But what about a user that first subscribes to newsletter. It is assigned to the Newsletter group and "Email Permissions" is checked. Then it decides to unsubscribe (for various reasons).

Then, he visits the site again, and decides to create an account (we already have his previous Subscriber profile but with the email check off). This means that we are merging the acount (see my other thread about merging Subscriber and Customer accounts) and check the "Email Permission" option. This makes him again subscribed (Presence in Newsletter group and "Email Permission" checked).

If we can opt about checking for "Email permission" or not during the campaign creation, any similar issue would be solved.

Does it make sense?

Thanks,

Adrian

Nicolai Høeg Pedersen

I understand.

But I do not think we would add the possibility to send to users that do not have email allowed. That is what we in Danish call a "Skråplan" :-).

BR Nicolai

Adrian Ursu

I agree. If you open this possibility, the users might misuse the functionality.

OK. It's good to know. I'll find other ways. I will probably use the "remove from group" option on unsubscribe or create a separate Recipient provider.

Thanks a lot,

Adrian

You must be logged in to post in the forum