Developer forum

Forum » CMS - Standard features » No layout selected for website

No layout selected for website

Lars Larsen
Lars Larsen

Hi

Upgraded to 9.9.1 on solution with two websites (A and B). Now when trying to use Visual Editor on website B I get "No layout selected for website". Both websites have "The selected domains can only reach this website" set. Now when removing this setting on website A the Visual Editor can be used with out the error message "No layout selected for website" on both websites. Pretty strange! Is it an error in v9.9.1?

Replies

Martin Grønbekk Moen
Martin Grønbekk Moen

Bump! We got that message to day too.
Did you find out anything?

Lars Larsen
Lars Larsen

Hi Martin

No, I didn't find out why this happens. I have solved it temporarily by unchecking "The selected domains can only reach this website" on my website A. If you find out anything please let me now.

Aki Ruuskanen
Aki Ruuskanen

Hi

Hmm, I have the same issue on 9.9.4 even if I don't have the "The selected domains can only reach this website" checked.

I get it when I try to access a language layer that is not published. If I check the "Published" the language layer works.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Regards / Aki

Nicolai Pedersen

That message comes from the pageview if no layout template is present.

It could sound like you have some sort of setting that causes a domain redirect (to primary domain) or something. I have asked QA to see if they can reproduce it.

BR Nicolai

Oleg Rodionov Dynamicweb Employee
Oleg Rodionov

Hi all,

The both issues are reproduced on last version of DW admin. New Feature 592 has been submitted to provide a solution to prevent those. Thanks

BR, Oleg QA

Aki Ruuskanen
Aki Ruuskanen

OK, I guess I need to come up with some kind of workaround.

/Aki

Peter Leleulya
Peter Leleulya

I had this issue and noticed that in the websites overview page all websites were active, but in the detail view there is a checkbox (2nd input) which wasn't checked :/

You must be logged in to post in the forum