Developer forum

Forum » CMS - Standard features » News v2: List displaying multiple/obsolete news items after updating to DW8.3

News v2: List displaying multiple/obsolete news items after updating to DW8.3

Joakim Tønnesen

We recently updated one of our solutions from 8.1.0.0 to 8.3.0.2, and are having some problems with the news listing. There is quite complex categorization on the solution; some news items are placed in multiple categories, and some news paragraph modules get news items from multiple categories.

The way it used to work was that the news lists only showed 1 instance of a news item, regardless of how many categories it was placed in – and regardless of whether the news paragraph module listed items from more than one category or not.

The way it works now, after the update, is that the news paragraph module lists all the instances of the news item. So we get news lists with multiple instances of the same news item, see attached screenshot for frontend example and module settings.

It seems to me like the pre-update news modules were "smarter" than now. Knowing that it was obsolete to list an item more than once. I looked through the change notes for all the DW release versions up until 8.3.0.2, but I couldn't find anything relevant to this problem.

Is there something I'm overlooking, some kind of setting that got reset after the update? Is this something we can fix in the template files? Or are we just not using the News v2 module the way it is supposed to?

Thanks in advance!

best regards,

Joakim Tønnesen

MyPortal-Multiple-Obsolete-News.png

Replies

Nicolai Høeg Pedersen
This post has been marked as an answer

Hi Joakim

This is a bug - a known one and a fix on the way.

BR Nicolai

Votes for this answer: 1

Nicolai Høeg Pedersen

Hi Joakim

This is a bug - a known one and a fix on the way.

BR Nicolai

Joakim Tønnesen

Alright, Nicolai! Thanks for responding.

Joakim Tønnesen

Hi Nicolai,

do you know if this was fixed in the most recent patch?

Thanks,

Joakim

Nicolai Høeg Pedersen
This post has been marked as an answer

Hi Joakim

Yes, I believe this is TFS#13349 which was closed on October 25th. So any build after this date should Work.

BR Nicolai

Votes for this answer: 1

You must be logged in to post in the forum