Developer forum

Forum » CMS - Standard features » My Favorites - doesn't work properly

My Favorites - doesn't work properly

Nay Chi Phyo

Hi,

1. I have set Public unit to (10th Dec,2019). It is still public and seen at my list. Why is it happened?
  2. I have tried for My favorite list as non public. But I can add products to the non public list. Can I know the purpose of using "Public" option?

I noticed that Public unit and check box for "Should the list be public?" does not work properly all. How can I do to work properly? Can anyone give advice to me?

https://www.useloom.com/share/2cb8b9ddcade49858576d0532be65a01.

Kind Regards,

Naychi.

Replies

Nicolai Pedersen

Public means that the items in the list can be seen by other users that are not logged in.

That means, you can create a favorite lists called i.e. "Birthday whishes" and send a link to it to anyone, and they can see the items in the list.

BR Nicolai

Nay Chi Phyo

Hi Nicolai,

Thanks for your explaination.

According to your explaination, I added 2 products and set "MyList" as public and send link to not login user.
This non-login user can see all the products not only 2 products in the favourite list of that link.

This non-login user can also see all products for nonpublic favourite list. 

Could you please give me advice on this?

Kind Regards,

Naychi

Nicolai Pedersen

What link did you send?

Also, the user can of course see everything that is public on that website, but only that favorite list of the user. You need to setup the customer center in favorite list mode on a page that is not protected by login.

BR Nicolai

Afi

Hi Nicolai,

I think what Naychi meant is that a user's favorite list can be seen by everyone regardless of whether the favorite list is set to be public or not. With reference to your previous question on what link did Naychi sent, what link were you expecting? Base on my understanding, you can only share a favorite list link that comes with 2 parameters, ListID and ListName. For example, https://cl-dev.dynamicwebapac.com/products?ListID=186&ListName=My%20favorites

So i think the main question is, what is the expected behavior or outcome when the option "Should the list be public?" in favorite list form is checked?

Regards,
Afi

Nicolai Pedersen

Hi Afi

https://cl-dev.dynamicwebapac.com/products?ListID=186&ListName=My%20favorites is a search in the index and has basically nothing to do with favorites list feature in customer center.

public/not public is only a feature that works on pages with the customer center app on it. If the list is public, it can be seen without being logged in, otherwise not.

BR Nicolai

Afi

Hi Nicolai,

Thank you for the explanation. However, base on my understanding, a user who is not logged in will not be able to access pages with the customer center app on it. So, prior to the discussion above, it contradicts with your explanation which states that users who are not logged in are able to see a favorite list that is made public. Did I misunderstood anything?

Regards,
Afi

Nicolai Pedersen

Hi Afi

There is an app called "Show lists" that will render the public favorite lists, and not the customer center app as I wrote. Sorry about the confusion!

BR Nicolai

Khaing May Thaw

Hi Nicolai,

I also faced the same problem with the Published date function as per Naychi's case.

My understanding is that the favorite list is published until the configured date.

So If I configured the date on 1st January 2019 then the favorite list should not be displayed in the favorite list dropdown in the product list and product detail page, right? Because we are in October 2019 now.

Now I can see the list with published date on 1st January 2019, kindly check the attached images.

Please advise us.

Have a nice day.

Warmest Regards,

May Thaw.

fav1.png fav2.png

You must be logged in to post in the forum