Developer forum

Forum » CMS - Standard features » Log in with facebook

Matthijs Hofstede
Has anyone allready implementet the facebook registration functionality in to Dynamicweb?

http://developers.facebook.com/docs/plugins/registration/

I would be really interested how this is done. Do you need a custom module? Of are you able to do this with the basic DW functionality?

Replies

David Matheson

Hi,

I am also interested in knowing if anyone has done this !!

David

Mateus Ávila Isidoro
I believe the problem could be the extranet. Extranet needs a password to accept the users. In fact, the custom module could be a better solution, because this can see if you are loged or not look into facebook json.

If you want to use Extranet, you need to pre-fill the passwords and make validation with username, needs to be the same with facebook. It's a lot of work to make an unsafe website.

The facebook use the OAUTH autorization, sending a json file with client data. You need to create a facebook app to get the client data. It's possible to integrate with php, javascript and java, I not remember it's possible with .net (But I believe so).

Mateus

Adrian Ursu

Hi,

We are new to the DW family. However, we have some experience with custom development especially on the ecommerce applications.
We have started the development of a facebook connect module for DW.
I will let you know when it's done

You must be logged in to post in the forum