Developer forum

Forum » CMS - Standard features » Limit Delivery Country by Shop

Limit Delivery Country by Shop

Adrian Ursu

Hello guys and Happy New Year!

I have a situation with a solution that has multiple shops for multiple countries.

They want to limit the available delivery countries for each shop.

So far I could not find a way to do that from the settings of the shop or from the Shop module.

Anyone had encountered something similar before?

Also, is there any way to display a list of cities and regions based on each country selected for that shop? Any integration that does that?

They have found out that some customers igonore the prefilled value for country and enter their address from another country skipping the country value.

Thank you,

Adrian

Replies

Nicolai Høeg Pedersen

Hi Adrian

And a happy new year to you too!

The only to do that with DW now, is if you have a language for each country - then if you only translate the countries that are available, they will be shown.

We have no integrations with cities/regions for countries. But you can easily implement it in the template using free data: https://www.maxmind.com/en/free-world-cities-database

Adrian Ursu

Hi Nicolai,

Thank you for the answer.

I was afraid that's the situation.

Unfortunately we cannot separate them by language. We'll probably have to add something custom for the whole setup.

MBT is the customer we need this for.

This delivery limitation puts a lot of load on user addresses as well. We have to check the addresses defined for each user and let only the valid ones available in the checkout.

If you are aiming at more global clients, you should probably include something like this in future versions.

MaxMind Database for cities and regions seems outdated according to their statement. But I get the point and I will look into a similar solution.

Thank you,

Adrian

You must be logged in to post in the forum