Developer forum

Forum » CMS - Standard features » Items, and SQL query question

Items, and SQL query question

Tom-Erik Paulsen

Hi! I'm working a lot with Items combined with SQL queries and datalist. There are some features I'm wondering if its posible to implement in the future.

1. When creating an HTML element like a selectbox, there is a missing HTML element option that is called multiselect ( <select multiple="multiple"> ). Is it possible to implement that?

The other question is a bit more "complicated" 

2. When making a selecbox using SQL statement. I was wondering if it would be possible to att parameters to the Query from one of the other fields. Given that the other field has a value.

I have taken a screenshot to give an example of the argument I want to send in to the Query below.
In this example I'm hoping for a functionality that could get the choosen value from the "Liste" Dropdown, and use that in the "Multi" checkbox SQL query.

Replies

Nicolai Høeg Pedersen

Hi Tom-Erik

@1: We could do that, eventhoguh a checkbox list is a better option from the users perspective. CTRL+Select is not an easy task.

@2: That is not possible. Also, what if the item changed - then the screen would have to reload.

Tom-Erik Paulsen

1. It would be in handy if there is a very long list, and the need of multiple choices. IE 100 checkboxes "breaks" the admin design IMHO. 

2. I know this would be tricky. But if 1. is solved then I can manage with that ;-)

Thanks for answering

Nicolai Høeg Pedersen

Hi Tom

ok, thank you for the input. I'll add the item to TFS for a next minor.

BR Nicolai

Tom-Erik Paulsen

Awesome! Thanks!

You must be logged in to post in the forum