Developer forum

Forum » CMS - Standard features » ItemList not cached when used on website properties

ItemList not cached when used on website properties

Jan Schultz

I am in the process of optimizing the server response time on a DW solution. During my work i noticed that an item is not always cached although caching is enabled.

I have the following structure: An item "Website" contains a field "Footer" which is an item list of the item type "Foot".

"Website" is enabled for "Website- and page properties", and has caching enabled.

"Foot" is enabled for "ItemList" and also has caching enabled.

It seems that the item list field "Footer" is never cached, as when i run the page with "?debug=true" the SQL query is always present.

I had a similar problem with another field "Social" that had an identical setup. This was moved into a paragraph instead, and was promptly cahed as i would expect.

My question is, is this intended functionality, if so, do you have a list of scenarios where items are not cached, so that we may avoid them in the future.

Thanks!

Replies

Vladimir

Hi Jan,

I should say that it was decided don't cache lists selections - since they work rather efficiently(though it probably could be discussed).
I'm sure you should get similar query and for paragraphs.

Best regards,

Vladimir

You must be logged in to post in the forum