Developer forum

Forum » CMS - Standard features » Item Creator - receipt e-mail - recipient e-mail from form field??

Item Creator - receipt e-mail - recipient e-mail from form field??

Jacob Storgaard Jensen

Hi guys,

I've run into a problem when I wan't to send a receipt after creating an item via the Item Creator module... I can't select one of the item fields to be used as the receipt recipient e-mail...

Any ideas?

Running 8.4.1.3

Replies

Mikkel Ricky
This post has been marked as an answer

Currently, the item creator does not support using item field values as email adresses in the form save providers, but it makes perfect sense to be able to do so.

I've created "Product Backlog Item 15193: The item creator should be able to use item field values in form save provider settings" to implement this. We're not adding new functionality to Dynamicweb 8.5, but hopefully we'll be able to add in 8.5.1. 

Best regards,
Mikkel

Votes for this answer: 1

Rune Skovbo

Is this fixed yet?

We are running 8.6.

We do see the dropdown lists, but it doesn't hold any options.

/Rune

Nicolai Høeg Pedersen

Hi Rune

Yes, since 8.5.1.

You need to select an item type first. See dump.

BR Nicolai

Capture.PNG

Rune Skovbo

Hi Nicolai

I also replied in the other case. This is my finding:

Aha, the problem is the fact that we are choosing "Create item in a list". Here it only renders empty options.

If I choose "create item as a paragraph" or "create item as a page", it works. Is this a bug?

/Rune

Rune Skovbo

Workaround:

Choose to save the item as a page og paragraph. Then choose your form fields. Then switch back to save as item list...

You must be logged in to post in the forum