Developer forum

Forum » CMS - Standard features » Is it possible to have at default image for all products in productgroup?

Is it possible to have at default image for all products in productgroup?

Hans Ravnsfjall

Hi

We have a solution that sells products, where all the products in a product group is to have the same image. Is it possible, in a productlist - to set a default image for all products in a group, and display them in a list? Maybe the product group image is available somehow in a productlist rendering? I am working on a WRAP soltution, and have not succeded to achieve this.

Maybe someone has some advice to how I can replace the product image, with a product group image in the WRAP product list renderer. Or maybe someone has another solution?

Replies

Merethe Vrå Andersen

Hi,

It's not possible to select a default image for all products in the same product group.

But maybe you can use image patterns that you setup i the product catalog module:

You can specify a pattern based on the following product fields:

Field

Example

ProductID

{ProductID}.jpg

ProductNumber

{ProductNumber}.jpg

ProductName

{ProductName}.jpg

ProductManufacturer

{ProductManufacturer}.jpg

VariantID

{VariantID}.jpg

VariantComboName

{VariantComboName}.jpg

You can combine these fields in any way you’d like, e.g. {ProductNumber}_{ProductManufacturer}.jpg,{ProductNumber}_{VariantComboName}.jpg or {ProductID}_{ProductName}.jpg, and image patterns support using the wildcard characters ‘?’ and ‘*’.

If more than one image matches the pattern, the first one in alphabetical order will be used.

I can make a feature request for GroupID to be used as pattern in Al. images, but I can't garantee that this is prioritized and planned.

Kind regards,
Merethe

You must be logged in to post in the forum