Developer forum

Forum » CMS - Standard features » Inserting or editing item on Itemlist, radio button list field shows value in stead of label

Inserting or editing item on Itemlist, radio button list field shows value in stead of label

Hans Kloppenborg

Hi,

One of our customers got confused when while inserting or editing an item in an itemlist because the chosen radiobutton value is being shown, in stead of the label of the choice.

Example:

Radiobutton has 2 options:

1. Morning     value AM
  2. Afternoon   value PM

When the itemlist is shown first, all existing radiobutton choices are shown as the label string. ("Morning" or "Afternoon")
As soon as you insert or edit an item and save it, it shows for that item the value (i.e. AM or PM)

(see attachment)

Our feeling is that this used to work correctly before.

Greets Hans

snip_20180626160121.png

Replies

Nicolai Pedersen

Hi Hans

I've asked QA to investigate. It might be bad behavior so we will add it as a feature request. If something has broken, we will of course fix it asap.

BR Nicolai

Oleg Rodionov Dynamicweb Employee
Oleg Rodionov
This post has been marked as an answer

Hi,

The issue is now reproduced for list has static/sql source but OK with item type source (already implemented on DW93 and up). And I see the issue is not reproduced after content saving-refreshing. So, new TFS 52171 has been submitted to implement the new feature on a further DW release. Thanks.

BR, Oleg QA

Votes for this answer: 1

Kristian Kirkholt Dynamicweb Employee
Kristian Kirkholt

Hi Hans

The feature #52171 List field label showing instead of value on adding or editing item on Itemlist

has been implemented in Dynamicweb version 9.5+

To upgrade please choose this version from backend or download from here:

http://doc.dynamicweb.com/releases-and-downloads/releases

Let me know if you need any more help regarding this

Kind Regards
Dynamicweb Support
Kristian Kirkholt

You must be logged in to post in the forum