Developer forum

Forum » CMS - Standard features » I don't want to have to choose paymentoption, what do I do?

I don't want to have to choose paymentoption, what do I do?

Oscar Romin
Oscar Romin

Hello!

In my webshop DW is not supposed to handle the payments, everything is sent to an external system which handles all that. So I'm trying to create an order without specifying the payment option at all, but that doesn't appear to be possible. 

I then instead created a payment option set to altapay (Test mode - no account registered since I don't want to use altapay anyway), and set that option to be used inside my cart as default (see pic), but the checkout still fails with the 'Payment option is not set' errormessage. Am I using the setting wrong?

What can I do to solve this? Best case scenario would be like a 'Use payment' setting on the whole website that I may have missed, is there anything like that?

Or any other tips from you DW-veterans?

paymentcart.PNG

Replies

Imar Spaanjaars Dynamicweb Employee
Imar Spaanjaars

Could there be validation rules in the Management Center? I thought not having a provider should just work.

Otherwise, create one and set its checkout handler to None.

Imar

Nicolai Pedersen

You need a payment, and just use one without any provider on it. Also in settings there is an option to bypass payment and delivery validation if there is only one.

Oscar Romin
Oscar Romin

I solved it by going into Settings -> Ecommerce -> Internationalization -> Countries (Select country) and setting it as default, as well as removing altapay and setting 'none' as the cart type instead of the actual cart. 

Nicolai Pedersen

Yes, exactly!

Thanks for sharing.

You must be logged in to post in the forum