Developer forum

Forum » CMS - Standard features » Hide sections for specific users

Hide sections for specific users

Adrian Ursu Dynamicweb Employee
Adrian Ursu

Hi Guys,

Can I completely hide back-end sections for specific Users or User groups? Like Marketing or Files for example. I want to completely hide them.

At the same time, is there any way to give permissions just to a single node in "Management Center"?

Thanks,

Adrian

Replies

Nicolai Pedersen

Hi Adrian

Kind of...

• File manager and Modules cannot be removed.
  • Management Center can be locked for all users that are not admins/administrators (You do that in System Settings)
  • User management can be removed by removing permissions to all the user related modules and email marketing (see dumps) - go to modules, select "All installed modules", right click each of them and remove permissions.
  • Marketing is the same deal. Simply remove permissions from everything marketing related (Online marketing, Email marketing, Leads, Social Media publishing), and it will disappear.
  • Ecommerce can only by removed by a hack... You need a URL and some investigation so you can set permissions on something you cannot see...

A bit hacky, I know. But basically those nodes react on the underlying permissions. So if you have access to something in one of those areas, they are present.

BR Nicolai

Capture.PNG Capture1.PNG

Adrian Ursu Dynamicweb Employee
Adrian Ursu

Hi Nicolai,

Thank you very much. I will give it a try.

Adrian

You must be logged in to post in the forum