Developer forum

Forum » CMS - Standard features » GetImage and Image preview with SVG file

GetImage and Image preview with SVG file

Nuno Aguiar Dynamicweb Employee
Nuno Aguiar

Hi,

We have a customer that's providing a lot of SVG files, but we seen to have 2 limitations:

We could add logic to determine if the file extension is SVG or otherwise as a workaround for the frontend, but that's customizing Rapido templates as well and this seems to be something the core platform needs to handle first

Best Regards,

Nuno Aguiar

Replies

Nicolai Pedersen

Hi Nuno

We have no plans in supporting SVG nor in GetImage or in Ecommerce.

SVG files would make no sense to use on Getimage and convert to another size/format as SVG is vector and sized according to the size needed...

Nuno Aguiar

Hi Nicolai,

Ecommerce (Image Preview)

I guess the more common scenario would be the Logo field (Website settings) instead of Ecommerce (it's just a customer that wants to add product "images" in SVG), but my point is that if we fix it for the Logo, potentially other places in the backend might inherit it (but it's not critical for sure).

Does it make sense about the Logo field?

GetImage

I agree it does not make sense to have GetImage with SVG

I guess the current issue is that, using the "Logo" field as example, customers will use it, which in turn uses the Image Component. That said the solution should be to have the Image Component's helper to set the DisableImageEngine to false. Do you agree?

Best Regards,

Nuno Aguiar

Nicolai Pedersen

Nope - this sounds only like implementation details. No need to mess around with Getimage on stuff like this.

BR Nicolai

Nuno Aguiar

Ok, thanks

You must be logged in to post in the forum