Developer forum

Forum » CMS - Standard features » Forms Module : translation of the labels

Forms Module : translation of the labels

Gaetan Di Caro

Hello,

I need to create a form on one of my websites. However, this website has 4 different languages. Is there an option somewhere to be able to simply translate the fields of this form, or do I have to create one form per language ?

Thank you !

Replies

Thomas Schroll

Hi Gaetan

You can use the translation feature of dw. Read more about it here: http://manual.dynamicweb-cms.com/Default.aspx?ID=7620

You simply replace all manual text in your template with @Translate("key","default-translation"), and add all translations in dw backend.

You still need to have seperate language versions of your page/paragraph containing the form module.

Regards Thomas

Gaetan Di Caro

Hi,

Sorry, I'm not sure I understand. I know how to use the translation feature, but my problem is that the html for the form is generated automatically from the form module paragraph. Since this includes the field labels, which are defined in the from itself (management center > modules > Forms), I don't seem to have any power over a translation of these labels.

Thanks !

Thomas Schroll

Is it 'Forms for editors' you are using?

Gaetan Di Caro

I'm using this one

2015-12-16_12_02_20-Search.png

Thomas Schroll
This post has been marked as an answer

I don't think you can change the templates of the module, but I'm not sure. It is quite old. Have you considered using Forms for datalist or Forms for editors? In both those modules you have complete control of your template.

Regards Thomas

Votes for this answer: 1

Gaetan Di Caro

Ok I see, I didn't know about those. I'll use Forms for editors instead.

Thanks !

You must be logged in to post in the forum