Developer forum

Forum » CMS - Standard features » Extranet - forgot password feature issue

Extranet - forgot password feature issue

Finn Frost

Hi Guru's

I've been trying to implement the forgot password feature/function in one of my/our signin forms. With the help/search for other forum posts regarding the feature, but were unable to implement it successfull.
The extranet-signin-form is places in the ecom information.cshtml template, so the user can choose to login or enter new information during the ecom checkout process.

I have the code to the sign-in form here below: (using bootstrap modal) - Im using same form to sign-in or recover password.

information.cshtml :

<div class="modal " role="dialog" id="loginPanel" tabindex="-1" aria-hidden="true" aria-labelledby="loginModalTitle">
          <form role="form" class="form-horizontal" name="ExtUserForm" method="POST" action="" id="" onsubmit="return formValidation.validate(this);">  
              <div class="modal-dialog">

<div class="modal-content">
                <div class="modal-header">
                  <button type="button" class="close" data-dismiss="modal">
                    <span aria-hidden="true">&times;</span>
                    <span class="sr-only">@Translate("close", "Luk", true)</span>
                  </button>
                  <h4 class="modal-titel" id="loginModalTitle">@Translate("existing_user", "Allerede bruger")? <small>- @Translate("Login_text", "Login her")</small></h4>
                </div><!--/.modal-header-->

<div class="modal-body">
                  <div class="form-group">
                    <label for="login_username" id="label_login_username" data-login-value="@(Translate("username", "Brugernavn"))" data-forgotpassword-value="@(Translate("email", "E-mail"))" class="control-label col-xs-12 col-sm-3 col-md-3">@Translate("username", "Brugernavn")</label>
                    <div class="col-xs-12 col-sm-9 col-md-9">    
                      <input type="text" id="login_username" name="Username" class="form-control" />
                      <input type="hidden" name="__validate" id="login_username_validation" value="login_username|required" />
                    </div>
                  </div>
                  <div class="form-group" id="password_login_wrapper">
                    <label for="login_password" class="control-label col-xs-12 col-sm-3 col-md-3">@Translate("password", "Adgangskode")</label>
                          <input type="password" id="login_password" name="Password" class="form-control" />
                        <input type="hidden" name="__validate" id="password_validation" value="login_password|required" />
                      </div>
                    </div>
                   <div class="form-group">
                      <div class="col-xs-12 col-sm-3 col-md-3"></div>
                          <div class="checkbox">
                          <label>
                            <input type="checkbox" name="ForgotPassword" id="ForgotPassword" value="True" />
                            @Translate("forgot_my_password", "Jeg har glemt min adgangskode")
                            <input type="hidden" name="ForgotPasswordConfirm" value="@(Translate("forgot_password_message_success", "Din adgangskode er sendt til din mail."))">
                            <input type="hidden" name="ForgotPasswordEmailNotFound" value="@(Translate("forgot_password_message_error", "Brugernavn(E-mail) er ukendt"))">
                            <input type="hidden" name="ForgotPasswordMailTemplate" value="Extranet_send_password.cshtml" />
                          </label>
                        </div>
                      </div>
                  </div>
                    <div class="form-group" id="rememberMe">
                      <div class="col-xs-12 col-sm-9 col-sm-offset-3 col-md-9 col-md-offset-3">
                        <div class="checkbox">
                          <label>
                            <input type="checkbox" id="EcomUser_RememberMe" name="AutoLogin" value="True"/>
                            @Translate("SignIn_RememberMe", "Husk mig", true)
                          </label>
                        </div>
                      </div>
                    </div>

</div><!--/.modal-body-->

<div class="modal-footer text-right">
                    <div class="form-group">
                      <div class="col-xs-12">
                        <button type="button" class="btn btn-default" data-dismiss="modal">@Translate("close", "Luk", true)</button>
                        <button type="submit" name="@(GetString("CartV2.CurrentStepButtonName"))" data-login-value="@(Translate("Login", "Login"))" data-forgotpassword-value="@(Translate("get_password", "Hent adgangskode"))" id="EcomUserLogin" class="btn btn-primary pull-right text-right">@Translate("Login", "Login")</button>            
                    </div>    
                  </div>
                </div><!--/.modal-footer-->

</div><!--/.modal-content-->

</div><!--/.modal-dialog-->
        </form>
    </div><!--/#loginPanel .modal fade-->

And my javascript that shows/hides fields in the form when choosing to either login or that the user have forgotten his/her password.:

function toggleForgotPassword(){

if($("#ForgotPassword:checked").length == 0){
          // not active
          $("#password_validation").attr("name","__validate");
          $("#password_login_wrapper").show();
          $("#label_login_username").html($("#label_login_username").attr('data-login-value'));
            $("#rememberMe").show();
            $("#EcomUserLogin").html($("#EcomUserLogin").attr('data-login-value'));
            $("#login_username_validation").attr('value', 'login_username|required');
      } else {
          // Forgot password
          $("#password_validation").attr("name","");
          $("#password_login_wrapper").hide();
          $("#label_login_username").html($("#label_login_username").attr('data-forgotpassword-value'));
            $("#rememberMe").hide();
            $("#EcomUserLogin").html($("#EcomUserLogin").attr('data-forgotpassword-value'));
            $("#login_username_validation").attr('value', 'login_username|email');
      }

$('#loginPanel input[data-hasqtip]').each(function(){
          $(this).qtip("destroy");
          $(this).val('');
          $(this).css('border-color','');
      });

bindJqueryEvents(); //binding validation events to input fields.
    }

$(document).ready(function(){
      $("#loginPanel").on("change", "#ForgotPassword", function(){
          toggleForgotPassword();
      });
});

And this is the Extranet_send_password.cshtml E-mail template specified to be used in the form (value of field ForgotPasswordMailTemplate):
- Located in the /Templates/Extranet folder.

Hej @GetString("DWUsers:User:Name")<br /><br />

Du kan logge ind på sitet med nedenstående oplysninger:<br />
<strong>Brugernavn:</strong> @GetValue("DWUsers:User:Username") - @GetValue("DWExtranetUsername")<br />
<strong>Kodeord:</strong> @GetValue("DWUsers:User:Password") - @GetValue("DWExtranetPassword")

My issues are:

I don't receive any e-mail when i submit the form with my e-mail(Username field). I neither get any error messages (or don't know how to get them).

Also, it would be great with a solution where the user wont be sent his/her password(in plain text), but isntead a link they can click on to reset/change their passwords.

Any help is much appreciated.

// Finn Frost

ecom_information_extranet_login_form_forgot_password.jpg

Replies

Finn Frost

I fould a solution to my problem: Errorcode 40 (Fejl 40 - in danish). I guess that why i didn't get a reply :)

With very simple adjustments, i got it to work:

Step 1:

I added the method attribute to the form element, with a value of post (Doh!)

<form role="form" class="form-horizontal" method="post" name="ExtUserForm" action="" id="" onsubmit="return formValidation.validate(this);">  

Step 2:

Changed the value of the attribute "Name" to "ExtUserForm". But i don't know if this has any effect.

Step 3:

I Fixed/Changed the DW template tags in my forgot-email-template to this (in order to properly get/display the users username/password.

Hej \r\n

Du kan logge ind på sitet med nedenstående oplysninger:\r\n
Brugernavn: @GetValue("DWExtranetUsername")\r\n
Adgangskode: @GetValue("DWExtranetPassword")

Although, it would be nice to see/know of a solution where we can send a link where the user could reset his/her password, rather than sending it in the e-mail in plain text.
Anyone has/know of how to accomplish this in DW?

Remi Muller
This post has been marked as an answer

"Although, it would be nice to see/know of a solution where we can send a link where the user could reset his/her password, rather than sending it in the e-mail in plain text.
Anyone has/know of how to accomplish this in DW?"

This is not possible unfortunately.
It is quite annoying actually because the enduser is confronted with a reset password which he might not have requested.
In my opinion this feature should be implemented fast.

You can support this feature request:
http://developer.dynamicweb.com/forum/feature-requests/password-reset-link.aspx

Votes for this answer: 1

Mikkel Ricky
This post has been marked as an answer

Dynamicweb 8.6 will make if much easier to implement password recovery etc. See the Dynamicweb 8.6 release notes

Best regards,
Mikkel 

Votes for this answer: 1

You must be logged in to post in the forum