Developer forum

Forum » CMS - Standard features » Exclude directory from file manager?

Exclude directory from file manager?

P. Ruiter

Hi,

We're working with Gulp to automate some tasks for frontend development. This requires some Node.js modules so there is a "node_modules" directory in the design folder (Templates/Designs/Websitename). This causes an error when I go to the file manager: "The specified path, file name, or both are too long. The fully qualified file name must be less than 260 characters, and the directory name must be less than 248 characters".

Is there a way to exclude directories from the file manager?

Thanks in advance.

Replies

Nicolai Høeg Pedersen

Hi Pim

There is not...

But something else must be wrong - "node_modules" is not 248 chars long?

Imar Spaanjaars Dynamicweb Employee
Imar Spaanjaars

Node has a tendency to nest all its dependencis in a really deep hierarchy of folders, causing paths to be longer than Windows and .NET like....

Roy

Thanks for your reply! I've got my own account now, I posted it with Pim his account.

Then I need to move the node_modules directory outside the virtual directory "files" so the file manager doens't look at it, not the best solution because Gulp should run from your design folder, not project based. I've to run tools like Gulp and Bower from a project directory instead of a design/template directory. Maybe an idea for the next release? A possibility to exclude files from the file manager?

You must be logged in to post in the forum