Developer forum

Forum » CMS - Standard features » Error login after upgrade to 9.16.1

Error login after upgrade to 9.16.1

Andreas Pettersson

Hi,

I have a solution which runned on version 9.15.6 so i updated to 9.16.1. But now when a user tries to go to the site he only get this error message:

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Dynamicweb.Frontend.LogOnHandler.CookieLogon()
at Dynamicweb.Frontend.SecurityHandler.ExtranetStart()
at Dynamicweb.Frontend.LoginHandler.ExtranetStart(Int32 pageId)
at Dynamicweb.Frontend.PageView.Load()
at Dynamicweb.AspNet.DynamicwebHttpHandler.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)
at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()
at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStepImpl(IExecutionStep step)
at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)
2023-10-23 14:45:17.562: Request headers: [   "Cache-Control",   "Connection",   "Pragma",   "Accept",   "Accept-Encoding",   "Accept-Language",   "Cookie",   "Host",   "User-Agent",   "sec-ch-ua",   "sec-ch-ua-mobile",   "sec-ch-ua-platform",   "upgrade-insecure-requests",   "sec-fetch-site",   "sec-fetch-mode",   "sec-fetch-user",   "sec-fetch-dest" ]
2023-10-23 14:45:17.562: Request item keys: [   "owin.Environment",   "MS_HttpRequestMessage",   "DWPAGEVIEW",   "AspSession",   "alternateUrlKey",   "Dynamicweb.Environment.Web",   "ExecutionTableMapper",   "TemplateContext",   {},   "AspSessionIDManagerInitializeRequestCalled" ]
2023-10-23 14:45:17.562: Request form: []

Anyone know how to fix it so he can come in?

Replies

Nicolai Pedersen Dynamicweb Employee
Nicolai Pedersen

Hi Andreas

Just checked the call stack and it does not look like we have made any changes here recently.

I do see an Owin request key - is this part of some external login page?

You could try to clear your cookies and see if that helps - otherwise we need to look at the site what it can be. Feel free to post a URL here or contact Dynamicweb Care

Andreas Pettersson

Hi,

Okay thank you.Yes we have some owin stuff for federation login

Yea cleared all the cookies helped.

You must be logged in to post in the forum